Re: [Phys-l] Kozol fasts to protest NCLB - ACT and SAT

At 10:55 AM -0400 9/20/07, Rick Tarara wrote:
Dawned on me--we have such tests for college prep teaching--the SAT and ACT.
Those people would have stats by state and by public versus private schools,
but I'm not sure if such has been made public.

As part of my subscription to the American School Board Journal I get an
annual special report called Education Vital Signs which has SAT and ACT
(as well as AP exams) data by state and US averages. It does not
disaggregate public from private, however.

I don't know if others can get the report at
http://www.asbj.com/MainMenuCategory/Supplements/EVS/2007EVS.aspx or if you
must be a subscriber, but let me know if you want a number or two from the
report and can't get them yourself.

It also gives information on teacher pay, teacher/pupil ratio, per pupil
expenditures (my state ranks 51st), and percent of state budget that goes
toward education.

Larry