Re: [Phys-l] existence of time

On 09/18/2007 12:54 PM, David Ward wrote:

Does time exist? I am searching for information on the existence of
time- I know of "The End of Time" by Julian Barbour, and intend to
read it soon...any better sources come to mind? (A brief search
through Phys-L archives, Amazon, and my library turned up very
little.)

Next year marks the 100th anniversary of spacetime.
Surely that is the starting point for any modern
understanding of what time is.

This has been discussed on phys-l. See also
http://www.av8n.com/physics/spacetime-trig.pdf
http://www.av8n.com/physics/odometer.pdf
http://www.av8n.com/physics/rapidity.htm
and references cited therein.