From: phys-l-bounces@carnot.physics.buffalo.edu
[mailto:phys-l-bounces@carnot.physics.buffalo.edu] On Behalf
Of Rauber, Joel
Sent: Monday, September 17, 2007 9:34 AM
To: phys-l@carnot.physics.buffalo.edu
Subject: [Phys-l] PER folks and units of g

This is mostly addressed to the PER gurus, but others should
need no invitation to chime in, as their experience is
appreciated and valuable.

There was a post a while back that suggested that the PER
research was indicating that it is best to quote g as follows:

g = 9.8 N/kg rather than g = 9.8 m/s^2

the question I have is following a traditional sequence of
kinematics first, while introducing free-fall what do you
suggest for g?