Re: [Phys-l] status of Occam's razor

Leigh P. wrote in part:

_

| Occam's razor has nothing to do with settling this question.
| Indeed it has no place in science; it is merely an aesthetic
| statement.
| Empirical evidence is paramount.

IMO, empirical evidence being paramount is not contradictory to the idea
that Occam's razor has a place, albeit a small one, in science.

Saying it has *no* place in science seems a bit on the extreme side to
me. OTOH, I do agree that I'd only introduce the idea, if at all, to
"mature audiences" only.