Re: [Phys-l] status of Occam's razor

But one major
turning point was that the Copernican system leads to the prediction
that Venus will have phases, and those were observed when the
telescope was invented.

I believe that I can see phases of Venus with the naked eye, under ideal conditions. Assuming this is not my imagination merely because I know it to be true, were there any "heretics" that claimed the same thing before the telescope, thus being another observation that drove the requirement of a new model?

Stefan Jeglinski