Re: [Phys-l] Sharing a problem for students

The unit

http://pages.csam.montclair.edu/~kowalski/cf/339students.html

has been slightly modified (see ending of point 5).

a) The phrase "dynamic stability" has been replaced by "stability."
b) The incorrect sentence was removed.
c) Numerical illustrations were added to justify 3-dimensional stability if the orbit.

I wish I could justify the 3-dim stability in a more convincing way, for this 3-body system. Any help would be appreciated.

Ludwik Kowalski, a retired physicist
5 Horizon Road, apt. 2702, Fort Lee, NJ, 07024, USA
Also an amateur journalist at http://csam.montclair.edu/~kowalski/cf/