Re: [Phys-l] Bernoulli's Principle

On 12/21/2007 09:05 PM, Joseph Bellina wrote:
I don't know if this a related issue, but in the early 20th century,
at the National Physical Laboratory in Teddington England there was a
Scaling committee, with included the premier mathematicians and
physicists of the day, and chair, as I recall by Lord Rayleigh.
Scaling issue at hand was how to take wind tunnel data from models
and scale it up so the results applied to real aeroplanes which at
the time were fond of falling down and killing the pilot. It was not
an easy task.

Haven't we had this conversation before? Back in November of 2000 I