Re: [Phys-l] lift and how a wing works

While I truly appreciate the website/book given as a reference -- I think
it would be a bit much for my Algebra-based students or High School
students. :^)

If you want a good website for those target audiences, that also have good
dynamic simulations for use on a SmartBoard or other projection system,
take a look at:

http://www.grc.nasa.gov/WWW/K-12/airplane/lift1.html

I would also like to point out:

"Explaining Airfoil Lift in Introductory Physics", Huebner & Jagannathan,
Vol. 56, #9, Sept. 1988, pp. 855 - 856

as being very helpful! (I should have looked at this first!)

I would also recommend some of the fine texts from the AIAA for further
reference.

Peter Schoch