Re: [Phys-l] Help! An explanation for the laity

I am forwarding the nearly ever helpful Denker's answer to my friend. (Not the best English.) I add: Graphing the processes below is a good idea.

bc who bought one thousand dice to illustrate the below. (On sale at Target. I exhausted the supply at three stores!)

p.s. I don't think he's "that" unwashed, just I'm not that washed as a teacher, but thinks it would profit him to "take" a course in analytic geometry (pre-calculus).