From: phys-l-bounces@carnot.physics.buffalo.edu [mailto:phys-l-
bounces@carnot.physics.buffalo.edu] On Behalf Of
carmelo@pacific.net.sg
Sent: Sunday, November 25, 2007 8:14 PM
To: phys-l@carnot.physics.buffalo.edu
Subject: Re: [Phys-l] EM, is it energy

Perhaps this could also be attributed to BBC News?

What are electromagnetic waves?

An electromagnetic wave is energy that consists of related magnetism
and electricity.

An electromagnetic wave can be thought of as an oscillating electric
force travelling through space accompanied by an oscillating magnetic
force in a plane at right angles to it.

Alphonsus

Quoting Craig & Margaret Lucanus <lucanus@iinet.net.au>:

Hi List,
In discussion with my students about different forms of energy , a
student
asked whether light (EM) is a form of energy at all, or whether it
is
really
just a mode of transmission of potential energy. This was a good
question,
with the ensuing debate entertaining the class. Heck, what is light?