To: "Forum for Physics Educators" <phys-l@carnot.physics.buffalo.edu>
Sent: Tuesday, November 06, 2007 5:34 PM
Subject: Re: [Phys-l] Another tire question

I think I disagree with John that the sidewalls pushing up from below or
pulling up from above amount to the same thing. I have a drawing and
some explanation posted at the reference below. Please check this out
and see if it makes sense.

www.bluffton.edu/~edmistonm/Car.Tires.pdf

Michael D. Edmiston, Ph.D.
Professor of Chemistry and Physics