From: phys-l-bounces@carnot.physics.buffalo.edu
[mailto:phys-l-bounces@carnot.physics.buffalo.edu] On Behalf Of John Denker
Sent: Thursday, October 18, 2007 9:51 AM
To: Forum for Physics Educators
Subject: Re: [Phys-l] Interactive Physics Question

On 10/18/2007 09:39 AM, Ron Curtin asked:
.... how
to make it begin moving at a constant speed at any time other than the
start
of the simulation. Does anyone out there know how to do that?

Brief, reeeally large acceleration at the appointed time.

Note that a discontinuous change in velocity is unphysical.
Therefore we shouldn't be surprised that it is hard to model.