Re: [Phys-l] True Basic limitation and numerical model

Panzer(s) to all. I received the Bronze version which appears quite adequate. The student (standard) version is just a tease - line limitation of 500 and output must be copied to a text editor for conversion to compatibility w/ plotting apps. I've now used 0.0001 sec intervals w/ a leapfrog up to 500k lines. While waiting for delivery I tried chipmunk and found I must line number and replace ! w/ rem *, so I gave up.

It does appear to not have double precision and the edition guide's index appears to have been written for a different edition.

* A Fortran word?

bc, not budgeted beyond bronze and using its version 5.5

Rick Tarara wrote:

The problem really is that you have a 20 year old version of the language.
Jeesh, I used to use their Amiga version but it is now the 21st century.

The current version is 5.x (I'm using an unreleased 5.5 version direct from
their chief programmer.) The BROZE edition is only $39 while the $495 Gold
edition has all the bells and whistles for both Macs and Windows. Be aware
that if you are on a Mac, running TrueBasic requires the Classic Environment
(OS 9.x) to run. An OS-X native version may or may not happen.

The version you have sounds like the Student version (still available at
$19) that is limited in program line length and I'm sure in many other ways.

Go to www.truebasic.com for details.

Rick

----- Original Message ----- From: "Bernard Cleyet" <bernardcleyet@redshift.com>