Re: [Phys-l] Practical Physics

-----Original Message-----
From: John Denker
Sent: Friday, October 12, 2007 6:03 AM
Subject: Re: [Phys-l] Practical Physics

One specific category that comes up again and again has to do
with cars, especially emergency handling, emergency stopping
distances, swerving versus braking straight-ahead, et cetera.
It seems to me that such topics should be well within the scope
of any high-school physics course.For an example of what I mean by that,
see
http://www.av8n.com/physics/car-stopping.htm

For more activities on stopping distances and safe driving (and other
stuff), some may be interested in an extensive module I wrote on the
physics of safe driving:
<http://www.sci-ed-ga.org/modules/driving/index.html>

For other modules with some practical physics:
<http://www.sci-ed-ga.org/modules/index.html>

Larry Woolf
General Atomics