Re: [Phys-l] petition packet

I am yet another recipient of Fred Seitz's request to sign a petition indicating my agreement that "there is substantial scientific evidence that increases in atmospheric carbon dioxide produce many beneficial effects upon the natural planet and animal environments on the Earth."

I am grateful to John Mallinckrodt (2007) for his list of informative references on the background and nature of the petition.

I note that both Bob LaMontagne and Rick Tarara have made negative comments on John's post.

I can think of no more positive testimony to a post's merit than its criticism by BOTH Bob LaMontagne and Rick Tarara.

I am proud to say that my own posts on Phys-L regarding physics education have received similar honors from the LaMontagne/Tarara team.

24245 Hatteras Street, Woodland Hills, CA 91367
<rrhake@earthlink.net>
<http://www.physics.indiana.edu/~hake>
<http://www.physics.indiana.edu/~sdi>