Re: [Phys-l] plotting software?

I've used excel, gnuplot and Kaleidograph. the latter being my favourite. Unfortunately, K. has many bells and whistles, but DO NOT delay getting a quick graph. One bell is it's a spread sheet, and, inter alia, calculates chi-square (this implies correctly it includes a simple and complicated fit. (one may supply the parameter derivatives for a Marquart.)

bc

kyle forinash wrote:

Can anyone point me to software that will make nicer graphs than Excel or Graphical Analysis but doesn't cost as much as SigmaPlot or Origin? I don't need a lot of bells and whistles, just some nice quality graphs...

Thanks

kyle