Re: [Phys-l] two kinds of electrical charge ????????

I find your One Kind of Charge document intriguing. Agreement with your
position can be found in slides 5 and 6 of Introducing Particle Physics
by Pablo del Amo Sanchez at:
<http://www.ep.ph.bham.ac.uk/general/outreach/Masterclass/talks2007/pdfs
/mc2007_PPIntro_Pablo.pdf>
which would suggest that if you are going to say that there are two
kinds of electrical charge, then to be consistent, you better say that
there are 6 kinds of color charge.

I disagree with your characterization "... just to introduce the idea of
'charge' (Q), say that the amount of charge can be positive, zero, or
negative, and proceed from there." of the approach taken by "Reference
4" (The Feynman Lectures on Physics) in the document:
<http://www.av8n.com/physics/one-kind-of-charge.htm>

On page 12-7 of Volume I, Feynman says, "Objects carry electrical
charges which consist simply of electrons or protons."

On page 1-1 of Volume II, he says, "There are two kinds of 'matter,'
which we can call positive and negative."
and,
"And all matter is a mixture of positive protons and negative electrons
which are attracting and repelling with this great force."

Feynman's approach seems to be more consistent with the particle model,
item c on page 11 of the document "Senior 1, Appendices: Cluster 3, The
Nature of Electricity" at:
<http://www.edu.gov.mb.ca/k12/cur/science/found/s1/appen3.pdf>