[Phys-l] two kinds of electrical charge ????????

Hi --

Recently I was asked about the following statement:
«There are two kinds of charge, namely positive charge and negative charge.»

That expresses the /two-fluid/ model of electrical charge.

1) Would anybody care to comment on this, perhaps contrasting it with the
one-fluid model?

This seems fundamental to any physics course ... yet there seems to be
more divergence of opinion than I would have expected.

2) As you might have guessed, I have an opinion:
http://www.av8n.com/physics/one-kind-of-charge.htm
Suggestions or comments on my analysis are welcome.

I suspect there are arguments and counterarguments I have missed, although
most discussions I've seen fall into the category of PbBA (Proof by Bold
Assertion) which I don't find helpful.

3) I'd be interested to hear briefly: What text are you using, and how
does it handle this issue?