Re: [Phys-l] tutorial on scaling laws

On 07/26/2007 05:39 PM, Polvani, Donald G. wrote:

1) In Section 1 I found the split column display (at least, it was split
on my PC) confusing to read. The other sections were not split and I
found them easier to read.

I restructured this. The result is still not wonderful, but
perhaps it is better. Comments?

I also added a few words about fractal scaling.

2) Scaling law 13 is missing the word "like" as in: scales inversely
"like" the square root of the wavelength

I fixed this just now, along with several other typos. Thanks.

3) You might consider including a section on simple dimensional
analysis.

I wrote up some notes on dimensional analysis and put them in a new
document of their own:
http://www.av8n.com/physics/dimensional-analysis.htm

Of course scaling and dimensional analysis are intimately related, but
it seemed easier to discuss them separately.

Comments and suggestions are, as always, welcome.