[Phys-l] tutorial on scaling laws

I recently put together a tutorial on scaling laws:
http://www.av8n.com/physics/scaling.htm

Comments and suggestions are always welcome. Since this is still a work in
progress, now is a particularly timely time for comments.

It seems to me that scaling ideas are woefully underemphasized in the typical
curriculum. This stuff could be and should be introduced in elementary school
(but usually is not). It should then be reinforced and extended every year
through middle school, high school, and beyond. It is simpler, more useful,
and more age-appropriate than most of the stuff that is taught.

On the other hand, I am pleased that the Light-and-Matter _Newtonian Physics_
book spends most of chapter 1 talking about scaling laws.
http://www.lightandmatter.com/html_books/1np/ch01/ch01.html

See also next message.