Re: [Phys-l] radio vs. light

Radio signals interfere with each other but photons do not.
Out of phase radio waves can cancel each other out, but "destructive interference is impossible with light."

In the phrase of a Cave Man TV ad "What???"

We have no idea what light "is," but we sometimes model it as "photons." But if light is modeled as photons so can radio "waves" -- they seem to be the same animal.

And "destructive interference is impossible with light"? Good grief.

Jim

J M Green
Email: MailTo:JMGreen@sisna.com
WWW: HTTP://users.sisna.com/JMGreen