[Phys-l] What's with our list app.? Was: Re: Design of experiments, a cautionary tale. Was: Re: [tap-l] pvc flute

It suppressed the sentence I had bolded.

bc, now knows to emphasize in another manner.

Bernard Cleyet wrote:

Pati,

I did this some years ago for a kids Summer science class. I spent several months designing the flutes. I would try them out, tweak the design and improve on them until finally I was satisfied. I then designed a jig for the drill press so that the kids could safely bore the holes. Then I ran into trouble. The flutes that I thought were so easy to blow were proving difficult for the kids. Going back over what I had done, I realized that it wasn't so much that I had progressively improved my designs as simply gotten better at playing the flute. [bc emphasis.] So I rescued the situation by calling around to a few music teachers and getting a recommendation for a flute teacher who liked to work with young kids. She had them tooting away the next day. So my advice is no

cut