[Phys-l] Short half-life isotope separation. Was:Re: Minigenerator nuclear rate meter

Less expensive and the advantage of DIY is MeIBK (hexone), dil. HCl and uranyl nitrate or acetate. (I think I've seen recipes for both.) Shake and Pa resides in the top hexone layer W/ a short half-life. The container must be thin plastic, as, IIRC, the betas are low E. Recipes reside on the web.

bc, a penny pincher and DIYer.

p.s. the container will die long before the Pa is exhausted. Reminds me of Keynes: "In the long run we'll all be dead."