From: phys-l-bounces@carnot.physics.buffalo.edu
[mailto:phys-l-bounces@carnot.physics.buffalo.edu] On Behalf Of John
Clement
Sent: Monday, May 21, 2007 8:05 AM
To: 'Forum for Physics Educators'
Subject: Re: [Phys-l] Carmichael numbers agai

Then the definition as originally given is not complete. If a
Carmichael
number is simply the product of 3 primes, then 2 should be included as a
prime. Is there a minimum prime number allowed, of is 2 just excluded?

John M. Clement
Houston, TX

This discussion has wandered off quite a bit from my original joke
about
the
military advantage of "superior numbers"!

A quick summary: There are NO even Carmichael numbers. All Carmichael
numbers
are odd. Furthermore, they are all the product of three or more
distinct
primes. But, of course, few products of three or more distinct primes
are
Carmichael numbers.

Now, back to transplanting my summer squash.

Laurent Hodges