Re: [Phys-l] home wiring catastrophe

On May 18, 2007, at 10:12 PM, fred bucheit wrote:
Why does the USA use a grounded system in the first place? If we used a non-grounded system we would not have any of these problems, AND we would not need GFI's. Thousands of lives could be saved. The entire system would act as if it was on an isolation transformer. Comments anyone?

Bill Beaty wrote an article on that, <http://amasci.com/amateur/ whygnd.html>. Seems to give a good overview on the subject.
---
Michael Porter
Colonel By Secondary School