Re: [Phys-l] Inscrutable words, etc. - not physics

At 05:03 PM 5/16/2007, Laurent Hodges wrote:
...Aha, you western heathen, do you know the
smallest odd Carmichael number?

I think I know the answer:
but this deserves another question - like this one:
name an even Carmichael number.

The answer is 561, which is the product of 3, 11, and 17. All Carmichael
numbers are odd, and are the product of at least three prime factors. I don't
think it's known if the number of Carmichael numbers is finite or infinite, but
I'd be surprised if it were finite. The second is 1105.

Maybe this is all too off-topic now. There's probably a number-theory list
somewhere - if anyone knows a good one, let me know.