From: Bernard Cleyet <bernardcleyet@redshift.com>
Date: Monday, May 7, 2007 2:41 pm
Subject: [Phys-l] More cold fusion from UnderNews

NAVY EXPERIMENT GIVES BOOST TO COLD FUSION

DAILY TECH - Navy scientists claim that slices of CR-39 plastic. .
.
have recorded the passage of atomic particles emitted during
successful
cold fusion nuclear reactions. New proof that cold fusion works
could
fuel additional interest in generating power from low energy
nuclear
reactions

Cold fusion, the ability to generate nuclear power at room
temperatures,
has proven to be a highly elusive feat. In fact, it is considered
by
many experts to be a mere pipe dream - a potentially unlimited
source of
clean energy that remains tantalizing, but so far unattainable.

However, a recently published academic paper from the Navy's
Space
and
Naval Warfare Systems Center in San Diego throws cold water on
skeptics
of cold fusion. Appearing in the respected journal
Naturwissenschaften,
which counts Albert Einstein among its distinguished authors,
the
article claims that Spawar scientists Stanislaw Szpak and Pamela
Mosier-Boss have achieved a low energy nuclear reaction that
can be
replicated and verified by the scientific community.

Cold fusion has gotten the cold shoulder from serious nuclear
physicists
since 1989, when Stanley Pons and Martin Fleischmann were
unable to
substantiate their sensational claims that deuterium nuclei could
be
forced to fuse and release excess energy at room temperature.
Spawar
researchers apparently kept the faith, however, and continued to
refine
the procedure by experimenting with new fusionable materials. .
.

The Spawar method shows promise, particularly in terms of
being
easily
reproduced and verified by other institutions. Such verification is
essential to widespread acceptance of the apparent
breakthrough, an
important precursor to scientists receiving the necessary funding
fuel additional research in the field.

OUR COLD FUSION ARCHIVES
<http://prorev.com/coldfusion.htm>http://prorev.com/
coldfusion.htm