Re: [Phys-l] 50 year incandescent bulb plus 56 more years

I would guess the 100+ year bulb is low wattage. This would allow it to
glow dimly w/o worrying about evaporation. Thanks to Woolf, this
probably means it has an increased resistance (skinnier or longer).

To any h.s. teachers out there, the Line of Resistance activities are
pretty darn good.

Joe Bellina knows and mentions other alloys. I don't know the variety
of options that exist. I believe thorium is one common option (maybe a
thorium oxide?). I think the migration of the alloy to the surface
would tweak the work function of the filament. Would this have any
noticeable effect on the function of the light bulb?

Paul Lulai