From: phys-l-bounces@carnot.physics.buffalo.edu [mailto:phys-l-bounces@carnot.physics.buffalo.edu] On Behalf Of JMGreen
Sent: Sunday, April 22, 2007 11:01 AM
To: Forum for Physics Educators
Subject: [Phys-l] Warming

And according to a recent report by the Intergovernmental Panel
on Climate Change (IPCC), there is a 90 percent likelihood that
humans are contributing to the change. The international panel of
scientists predicts the global average temperature could increase
by 2 to 11 degrees Fahrenheit by 2100 and that sea levels could
rise by up to 2 feet.

I am still trying to make up my mind re Climate Change -- I am not
taking sides here. I have read much of the suggested Wikisms etc but
I still don't se an answer to the following question:

Suppose that I place a reverse chimney up into the atmosphere a few
thousand feet and sucked down all the excess green house
gasses. Would the earth still get warmer over time? -- at least
until the begining of the next glaciation?

Jim

J M Green
Email: MailTo:JMGreen@sisna.com
WWW: HTTP://users.sisna.com/JMGreen