Re: [Phys-l] Get Aggressive On Global Warming

In a message dated 4/18/2007 2:30:37 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
RLAMONT@providence.edu writes:

I find this to be hilarious. Human Induced Global Warming advocates
predicted that hurricanes were going to become more powerful and
frequent - the reality was that last year was almost a record low for
hurricanes. So now the focus is on the recent Nor'Easter - we have to
have SOME kind of disaster to rally the troops - even an ordinary storm
will do if you're desperate :-)

Bob at PC

I think any local weather effect isn't a good indicator of global warming.
But the ice melting we are seeing is. However, we won't have a good idea of
the sustained rate until we observe it a few more years. But the current
trends are very alarming.

Bob Zannelli