Re: [Phys-l] Pilot 9th grade physics with inquiry

On Sun, 15 Apr 2007 17:15:49 -0400 "R. McDermott" <rmcder@gmail.com>
writes:
Perhaps the better answer to this whole sequence question is that we
should have an integrated science curriculum rather than all physics,
all
chemistry, all biology in subsequent years. Why not teach 9th
graders the elements of each science at the time when it is most
relevant and
then build on those sciences in subsequent years as their math
backgrounds
develop? Better yet, how about sequencing math to correspond to the
science
needs in those years?

McDermott's "better answer" would be even better if we could somehow get
more science teachers who could teach physics as well the other sciences.

Herb Gottlieb from New York City
(Where we live in peace and harmony and have too many "biology teachers"
who are unable to teach physics and mathematics.)