Re: [Phys-l] God's reaction to prayers simply can't be explored by scientific study.

This study was reported several months ago. I wonder why it is just now making the mainstream news. The formal journal article will be interesting to read as this pop version is a bit wishy washy in details. I have not seen the actual journal article, and wonder how it was reported so much earlier than either this article, or the journal article. It would be insightful to have a quote from the actual authors of the research report. Karl

Quoting Bernard Cleyet <bernardcleyet@redshift.com>:

MSNBC - In the largest study of its kind, researchers found that having
people pray for heart bypass surgery patients had no effect on their
recovery. In fact, patients who knew they were being prayed for had a
slightly higher rate of complications. . . Critics said the question of
God's reaction to prayers simply can't be explored by scientific study.

The work, which followed about 1,800 patients at six medical centers,
was financed by the Templeton Foundation, which supports research into
science and religion. It will appear in the American Heart Journal.

More:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/12082681/

bc, doesn't pray.