Re: [Phys-l] riddle : entropy

I plugged and chugged (I know; very dangerous. ) and got 0.918

My authority was eq. 4; fortunately I looked at Figure 4, which reminded me to convert ln to log (2) [I'd gotten somewhat less than 0.9.]

bc, knows he doesn't understand entropy even after reading some of

http://www.av8n.com/physics/thermo-laws.htm#htoc16

p.s. Another one of these coincidences: I checked out last week V. 27 Bell System Tech. J. for Kock's article on microwave metallic delay lenses and chanced upon Shannon's famous article *. Remember I asked about polarizability of a disk?

* And a humdinger about dialing behaviour!

John Denker wrote:

Here's a seemingly-simple puzzle:

Suppose we have a system that can be in either of two

cut