Re: [Phys-l] Queston: simple pendulum lengthen suspension.

Here's the Shortt method:

http://www.electric-clocks.nl/page10.htm

http://www.electric-clocks.nl/Animation-Shortt-178-kB.htm

bc, thinks Brian's clock may be a variation of the Rudd or Shortt clock.

p.s. one may note my Sr. moment in some of the detail. Several Horological enthusiasts of whom I know, have slave clocks converted to single or master clocks. Shortt sold a number of clocks as kits to enthusiasts with the agreement of no commercial purpose.