Re: [Phys-l] Draft of new international climate report warns of droughts, sta

In a message dated 3/13/2007 12:18:29 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
jeglin@4pi.com writes:

It's my opinion the human caused global warming doubting crowd is on the
same level of respectability and credibility as the intelligent design
crowd
and in fact are funded from the same general sources and share the same
political views. At this point , this is what I have come to trust.

I've been wondering about this juxtaposition myself. But I've run
across far too many in the geological field (for example) who have
given me thought-provoking responses to the question. I have yet to
run across any such from the ID crowd. So I've come to conclude that
your point has little validity. Of course, I'm talking about the
science, realizing that political views and possibly funding sources
do indeed affect the arguments, on both sides.

Stefan Jeglinski

They are not exactly analogous I agree. There are always outlying opinion
in any scientific debate. But public policy given the potential dire
consequences of doing nothing in this case verses the more benign risk we face by
taking reasonable steps to mitigate green house gas production suggest strongly
we go with the general scientific consensus. What the Exxon-Mobile crowd is
doing is amplifying the opinion of the outliers to create the illusion of a
"deeply Divided Scientific Community". This is a direct quote I have from my
congressman in an exchange we had on this topic.

Bob Zannelli

http://www.aol.com.