Re: [Phys-l] Draft of new international climate report warns ofdroughts, sta...

I was totally unaware that global climate models incorporate the sunspot
cycle and the associated variability in solar output into the modeling
process. I have seen arguments presented outside the global climate
models that argue that solar variability is not sufficient to explain
the global temperature changes that occurred in the last century
(although I find the data that Baliunas presents more convincing), but I
didn't think that this was explicitly incorporated in the models
themselves.

Bob at PC

In addition , the effects of global
warming are
so obvious now that even Exxon Mobile has recently stopped denying
it
and is
now fall back on the " It ain't us ploy. It's sunspots , its earth
wobble
etc. However the vast majority of climatologists point out that these
identified climate factors generate the expected effect up until the
point of
significant green house gas build up where the climate model
predictions
for these
causes diverge from what we see on global temperature. You may not
know
this
but the Bush administration has cut most of NASA's climate research.
So
any
reasonably intelligent person would not trust them or the corporate
interest
they work for.

It's my opinion the human caused global warming doubting crowd is on
the
same level of respectability and credibility as the intelligent
design
crowd
and in fact are funded from the same general sources and share the
same
political views. At this point , this is what I have come to trust.

Bob Zannelli