From: phys-l-bounces@carnot.physics.buffalo.edu
[mailto:phys-l-bounces@carnot.physics.buffalo.edu] On Behalf Of Bernard
Cleyet
Sent: Friday, February 23, 2007 4:01 PM
To: PHYS-L Maillist
Subject: [Phys-l] Disc polarizability

In Strong's text Hull claims the polarizability of a metal disc is (2/3)

the permitivity (space) times its diameter cubed. Finding this for a
sphere and even an infinite cylinder is trivial (once one has seen it
done). But a disc, no. Anyone know how it's done (not numerically)?
I've looked in many texts *, googled and not found it.

* not the best, unfortunately,

bc, wonders, will JD come to his rescue?