[Phys-l] Math Wars Peace Treaty

Physics educators may or may not be interested in a recent post "Math Wars Peace Treaty, " a follow on to the previously transmitted "Math Wars Peace Treaty? (was Letter in latest AJP)."
The abstract reads:
ABSTRACT: I respond to seven criticisms of Daro's Math Wars Peace Treaty, posed by Michael Paul Goldenberg, a leading math-education reformer. In my opinion, none of Michael's criticisms, including his well substantiated observation that the media favor traditional math education, negate the possible value of Daro's Treaty in bringing an end to the Math Wars and their collateral damage to children's education. ******************************************

In order to access the entire post simply click on <http://tinyurl.com/364ehs>.

24245 Hatteras Street, Woodland Hills, CA 91367
<rrhake@earthlink.net>
<http://www.physics.indiana.edu/~hake>
<http://www.physics.indiana.edu/~sdi>

REFERENCE