Re: [Phys-l] Electrostatics and humidity

Herb writes:

-----Original Message-----
From: phys-l-bounces@carnot.physics.buffalo.edu [mailto:phys-l->bounces@carnot.physics.buffalo.edu] On Behalf Of Herb Gottlieb
Sent: Thursday, February 08, 2007 2:57 PM
To: phys-l@carnot.physics.buffalo.edu
Cc: phys-l@carnot.physics.buffalo.edu
Subject: Re: [Phys-l] Electrostatics and humidity

I really did a double-take when I first read the e-mail below.
I couldn't believe it .... that is .... until I realized that
the bulb must already be in a lamp socket which is
connected to a 120 V outlet wall outlet.

Was I the only one???

Absent a mechanism for turning light bulbs hygroscopic, I thought that the statement "illuminated incandescent bulb" was obvious from context. This is, after all, not the Annals of Improbably Research. Sorry if it confused ;-)

"A mathematician is a machine for turning coffee into
theorems." -- Paul Erdos (or, perhaps Alfréd Rényi)

Dr. George Spagna
Chair, Physics Department
Randolph-Macon College
P.O. Box 5005