Re: [Phys-l] Another YouTube hoax?

A very nice video, and I wonder what voltage and current they are using;
I assume dangerous levels and try to discourage my own students from
such projects. I'm also thinking the kite frame is open, so this isn't a
simple ion rocket. However, ion thrusters are used on satellites today,
that is well-known technology...

Dan MacIsaac, Associate Professor of Physics, SUNY-Buffalo State College
222SciBldg BSC, 1300 Elmwood Ave, Buffalo NY 14222 USA 716-878-3802
<macisadl@buffalostate.edu> <http://PhysicsEd.BuffaloState.edu>