Re: [Phys-l] FW: universal gravitation lab

For introductory students a simple lab where they model the universal force
law is probably appropriate. I have a simulation at
http://www.hal-pc.org/~clement/science.htm specifically the one titled
gravitational forces which can be used for students to take data. They can
view the force on a selected mass at any point inside or outside a planet of
choice. The students take data by measuring the length of the force vector.
While more accurate modeling might happen if they could be told the force, I
think that the data acquisition simulates some of the difficulties one has
with actual physical measurements, but still gives reasonable values.

John M. Clement
Houston, TX

Hi
I am looking for a universal gravitation lab. I am high school physics
teacher and I do have interactive physics on 30 computers I would love to
do something on this system if it is out there.
Thanks