Re: [Phys-l] [ncnaapt] New Physics CST Questions Released!

Hi,

Thanks for posting these. I teach in New York State and will try these on my students.

I am surprised however at the apparent content requirements. I don't see any questions on electrostatic forces or electric fields. I also don't see wave phenomena or "modern physics" listed.

On the other hand, it is nice that heat and thermo are covered. These are not covered in NY.

I assume you are aware of our regents exams. They cover a broad range of subjects (a mile wide but only an inch deep). We continually drill those questions, and it is nice to see a new source of questions.

I would love to see test questions from other sources if available.

Thanks again.

Betty Jensen

Bernard Cleyet <bernardcleyet@redshift.com> wrote:
Dean!

I'm about to "examine" the questions and read your blog, but I find your
URL is not linked. I've replied to the list(s), as I think recipients
of all who generously advertise would appreciate also the kindness of
linking to save them the trouble of copying and pasting.

Here's it linked:

http://phyzblog.blogspot.com/2007/02/cst-questions-released.html

bc, lazy

p.s. As youall will notice, I've cross posted.

Dean Baird wrote:

Hello All,
The California Department of Education took a little more time than
anticipated this year, but the newly-updated Released Test Question
documents are now posted. There are now 60 questions released from
previously administered California Standards Tests in physics.
Fifteen of those 60 are new for this year; they were used on the 2006
test.

You are free to download them, use them, comment, and criticize. As a
member of the state's Assessment Review Panel, I am always eager to
know what my colleagues think of the questions. Here's the link to
the PDF:

http://www.cde.ca.gov/ta/tg/sr/documents/rtqphysics.pdf

The fifteen new questions are items 1, 2, 10, 12, 16, 23, 27, 32, 34,
40, 41, 46, 54, 58, 60.

I posted a note with more information on my blog: http://
phyzblog.blogspot.com/2007/02/cst-questions-released.html

Let me know what you think,
Dean Baird
Rio Americano High School, Sacramento

cut