[Phys-l] Quantum metaphysics

Hi all,

I am about to finish reading a PhD dissertation "Quantum Metaphysics
The Role of Human Beings within the Paradigms of Classical and
Quantum Physics" by Tarja Kallio-Tamminen. Don't be too worried
about the term "metaphysics" here: it is treated in quite a reasonable way. Niels Bohr is a key figure in her treatment.

The dissertation belongs to the domain of philosophy. However,
Dr. Kallio-Tamminen has a training in theoretical physics and
her opponent was a competent physics professor.

I found the parts discussing different interpretations of quantum mechanics most interesting. I also liked the history of evolution
of ideas in quantum mechanics. If you are interested the
dissertation it can be downloaded from:

<http://ethesis.helsinki.fi/julkaisut/hum/filos/vk/kallio-tamminen/>

If you bother to take a look at the dissertation I'd like to
hear your responses either on- or offline.

Regards,

Antti

Antti Savinainen, Ph.D., B.Ed.
Senior Lecturer in Physics and Mathematics
Kuopio Lyseo High School
Finland
E-mail: <antti.savinainen@kuopio.fi>
Website: <http://kotisivu.dnainternet.net/savant/>

--
Viesti on tarkastettu MailScanner ohjelmistolla
virusten ja roskapostien suodattamiseksi.