Re: [Phys-l] Physics Refresher

Bill,
Along with the academic refresher, you might want to check out ComPADRE.org for ideas of what is going on in the classroom.
For quick feedback on what your skills at solving the problems in the text, check out the companion websites for some of the major textbook series. There you will find interactive problems and quizzes that you can take and get immediate feedback.
For visualizations, google "physlets" or "physics AND applets". Welcome to physics education!
Pati

Bill Lee wrote:

I'm looking for some advice on the best approach to a physics refresher. I am 25 years out of school with a BS in Physics and MS in Health Physics. I have spent the intervening years in an environment where there were no demands on my education or training. So rusty doesn't begin to describe my current situation. I am planning on returning to my degree and entering the high school physics classroom in the next 2 years. I picked up a current textbook (Haliday/Resnick/Walker). So in addition to working through the book does anyone have a recommendation on how to best sharpen my skills and bring my knowledge up to date? I have completed the state required coursework to enter the secondary classroom so my main focus now is to revamp my physics knowledge.

Thanks,
Bill Lee