Re: [Phys-l] Physics Refresher

Bill: There are some great web sites that might help.

hyperphysics
http://hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu/hbase/hframe.html

The Physics Front
http://www.physicsfront.org/

Cornell offers two sessions over the summer that would help:

Research Experience for Teachers (RET)
http://www.mrsec.org/events/2007/07/cornell_center_for_materials_r.html

Cornell Institute for Physics Teachers
http://www.cns.cornell.edu/cipt/summer2003-about.html

Cheers,
Pat

At 09:15 PM 1/28/2007, you wrote:
I'm looking for some advice on the best approach to a physics
refresher. I am 25 years out of school with a BS in Physics and MS
in Health Physics. I have spent the intervening years in an
environment where there were no demands on my education or training.
So rusty doesn't begin to describe my current situation. I am
planning on returning to my degree and entering the high school
physics classroom in the next 2 years. I picked up a current
textbook (Haliday/Resnick/Walker). So in addition to working through
the book does anyone have a recommendation on how to best sharpen my
skills and bring my knowledge up to date? I have completed the
state required coursework to enter the secondary classroom so my main
focus now is to revamp my physics knowledge.

Thanks,
Bill Lee