Re: [Phys-l] Final velocity of bullets

<http://www.azcentral.com/specials/special14/articles/ 1015coldcase15.html>

Actually, I just recalled the 1999 Phoenix death and found it with a
google on Shannon's law. It's unclear to me whether this was a
terminal velocity (straight up and down) or lesser angle shot
that still had some of the initial horizontal component of
velocity, which could of course be much more. That'd
depend on the angle of Shannon's head when struck, which
is unknown.

Many places now have similar ordinances against celebratory firing,
though I agree with "slo" below :^).

Dan M

Dan MacIsaac, Associate Professor of Physics, SUNY-Buffalo State College
222SciBldg BSC, 1300 Elmwood Ave, Buffalo NY 14222 USA 716-878-3802
<macisadl@buffalostate.edu> <http://PhysicsEd.BuffaloState.edu>