Re: [Phys-l] Killed by a Falling Bullet? - Myth busters.

On Sun, 21 Jan 2007 17:51:39 -0600 Brian Whatcott <betwys1@sbcglobal.net>
writes:
At 01:15 PM 1/21/2007, Jack, you wrote:
But all bullets are falling when they strike their target.
Regards, Jack

Actually no. Usually, yes. I can also say, bullets are usually
decreasing in speed
when they hit their target. The Myth busters were perplexed that a
bullet fired high from a mile away
was lethal. I assert that that particular bullet was decelerating too.

Brian Whatcott Altus OK Eureka!

Are you SURE that the bullet was decelerating???

It might have been decelerating in the horizontal direction because of
air resistance.....
But it was certainly accelerating in the downward direction for the
latter portion of its
descent until it reach a terminal downward velocity.

Herb