Re: [Phys-l] energy which can not do work

The zero point energy concept is also been introduced in the Stargate series- esp. the Atlantis story line.

Scott

**********************************
Scott Goelzer
Physics Teacher
Coe-Brown Northwood Academy
Northwood NH 03261
603-942-5531e218
sgoelzer@coebrownacademy.com
**********************************

On Jan 16, 2007, at 9:13 AM, Chris Crowell wrote:

Thank Disney for that one . . . most kids got it from "The Incredibles" movie (the villain has created devices to use it).

Chris Crowell
Science Teacher/Dept. Chair
Brockport HS
40 Allen Street
Brockport, NY 14420
ccrowell@bcs1.org
585-637-1870 ext.7205

plulai@stanthony.k12.mn.us 1/16/2007 9:07 AM >>>
A surprisingly large amount of 'science kids' in h.s. have heard of zero
point energy. Few understand what it is. Most think it is a very
promising way of getting energy from nothing. Gotta fix that.

Every year I get questions asking how the government, military, NASA,
Los Alamos,... will use zero point energy.

Paul Lulai
Physics Instructor & Online Learning Coordinator
Saint Anthony Village Senior High School, ISD 282
3303 33rd Avenue N.E.
Saint Anthony Village, MN 55418

(w) 612-706-1144
(fax) 612-706-1140