Re: [Phys-l] workable versus unworkable energy

>you apparently don't totally agree that the property of energy
> > is not transferable.
> > Apparently it has to disappear here and appear there, not transfer....
> >

>But that is transference. The word transfer implies that something
>disappears one place and appears in another. For example you can transfer
>money by wire, or essentially teleport it.
//

If listers would stop reifying energy -- with the excuse that it simplifies the discussion -- we would recognize that the discussion usually gets muddied when we do.

Energy is not a fluid!!! It is not "transferred" etc etc. The intensity of the property of energy can only be changed by DOING WORK!!!

If we do work on one system we must also do work on a mating system. This is the reason we get into the "transfer" problem.

This is the clearest, simplest way to teach the youngens -- If only we could loose the Bill Nye teachings imbedded in us.

And I am still looking to hear of a system which has the property of energy which can not do work.

Jim for simple physics

J M Green
Email: MailTo:JMGreen@sisna.com
WWW: HTTP://users.sisna.com/JMGreen