[Phys-l] start-up funds for experimentalists - 4 year college

We are hiring two tenure track positions - I want some information to get my Dean to give an appropriate amount of startup money - if you are hiring assistant or associate profs now or in the recent past can you please pass on any info about how much you were able to offer - i am particularly concerned about an experimentalist and being competitive in our offers. I will only give my Dean averaged info and no specifics on any institutions - if you cant disclose just ignore this.

PLEASE REPLY DIRECTLY TO ME

CINDY SCHWARZ
(schwarz@vassar.edu)

Professor and Chair Physics and Astronomy
Vassar College